Find below the official new 2019 Native LinkedIn video ad size specifications and requirements or Linkedin Advertising. This a new feature from Linkedin that allows advertisers to upload a native video for LinkedIn sponsored content and for Linkedin Company pages.
Video Ads are a Sponsored Content ad format that appears in the LinkedIn feed. LinkedIn launched video ads back in 2012 via links (embeds) from Youtube ads. Now and finally, you can upload native videos into LinkedIn to be run as video ads on the LinkedIn platform.
THE NEW LINKEDIN ADVERTISING SPECIFICATION FOR NATIVE VIDEO ADS 2019
The official specifications and requirements for Native LinkedIn Videos Ads are:
- Linkedin Video Ad Length: Three seconds to 30 minutes (Tip: most successful video ads are less than 15 seconds long)
- Linkedin Video Ad Layout: Horizontal (Note: Vertical videos are organic only and can’t be sponsored at this time)
- Linkedin Video Ad File size: Between 75 KB and 200 MB
- Linkedin Video Ad File format: MP4
- Linkedin Video Ad Frame rate: Less than 30 FPS (frames per second)
- Linkedin Video Ad Pixel and aspect ratio:
- 360p (480 x 360; wide 640 x 360)
- 480p (640 x 480)
- 720p (960 x 720; wide 1280 x 720)
- 1080p (1440 x 1080; wide 1920 x 1080)
- Video ads created with a 1:1 aspect ratio should have a minimum resolution of 600 x 600px, and a maximum resolution of 1080 x 1080px.
- Linkedin Video Ad Audio format: AAC or MPEG4
- Linkedin Video Ad Audio size: Less than 64KHz
- Video captions: must be in SRT format
- Video headline: Use up to 70 characters to avoid truncation on most devices (200 max characters).
- Destination URL: All URLs must have http:// or https:// prefix. Use up to 2,000 characters for the destination link.
- Call-to-action (CTA): Choose from available CTAs.
Video link sharing:
- YouTube and Vimeo URLs are supported.
- YouTube specific behaviour: Pre-roll advertisements are set within the YouTube player and not controlled in the LinkedIn interface. Video completion rates and analytics are managed in the YouTube player and will not be available in your LinkedIn account.
- To change the displayed thumbnail preview, you must change the default thumbnail image with your video service provider.
- Videos will silent auto-play in the feed once a member scrolls to them.
- If a LinkedIn member unmutes the video in their desktop feed and scrolls down immediately (in less than two seconds), the video will continue playing even if less than 50% of the video is visible on the screen.
- Sponsored Content that contains embedded video links from third-party sites (like YouTube or Vimeo) will not auto-play or click to the video landing page if the Sponsored Content has a Lead Gen Form attached to it. The scraped image from the video will be displayed and the ad will be subject to LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms specs.
- You can upload a maximum of 25 videos within 24 hours in Campaign Manager.
- You can only upload videos from a desktop computer, not from your mobile device.
- Ads can be rejected if they do not meet LinkedIn advertising guidelines.
- December 2012: LinkedIn allows users to promote Youtube videos as ads on Linkedin.
- August 2017: LinkedIn allows users to upload their own videos as organic posts both company and personal profiles.
- March 2018: LinkedIn allows advertisers to upload native videos for sponsor content and company pages.
BEST LINKEDIN VIDEO AD – LAST TIP
Optimize your video length based on your objective:
- Brand Awareness and Consideration goals: Keep videos under 30 seconds. A study by LinkedIn* found that videos under 30 seconds reported a 200% lift in view completion rates (Source: LinkedIn internal study, 2018).
- Demand Generation goals: The same study found that long-form content drives as many clicks and views as shorter videos because they help tell a more complex product or brand story.