In our IoT-enabled world, where everyone has a Fitbit and a smartphone, digital marketing has no longer become a nice-to-have. It’s become absolutely essential for every marketer and business owner out there to be able to navigate the wilds of marketing in the digital landscape.
This begs the question: How does one do this?
There are heaps of information sources on the Internet – and well-respected resources at that – which speak a lot about digital marketing right down from the basics to help you keep an eye on the trends that are occurring in the digital landscape and how you need to adapt your business in order to deal with these. Some trusted sources are:
- The Content Marketing Institute for Content Marketing,
- Social Media Examiner for Social Media Marketing,
- As well as for Search Engine Optimisation.
However, if you’re new to the world of digital marketing, you need a good grounding in the basics. You need to be able to know how to translate the way you market your company online. And for this, you need to go on a digital marketing course.
Don’t misunderstand us. We’re not discounting reading up on digital marketing and keeping tabs on the publications that we’ve listed above. What we are saying is that you can’t do this in isolation. Think about it in terms of building a house. Your digital marketing course is your foundation. This type, of course, will make sure that your digital marketing campaigns are solid and won’t be eroded. Your additional reading is other parts of the house such as your walls, windows, etc. They are also vital to the house but these are put up after the foundations are.
Tips on how to select a digital marketing course
So now that we’ve established that a digital marketing course is essential for you to do, the question remains: how do you choose one that’s right for you?
First of all, look at the content that is covered in the course. It has to look, in-depth, at all aspects of digital marketing. Topics that should be included are:
- Search Engine Optimisation – the way in which you can optimize your site to rank higher on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) through using on-page as well as off-page SEO techniques.
- Paid-Per-Click Advertising (PPC) – the way in which you can design search and display advertising on Google’s ad platform and optimize them for the best results by making use of web analytics.
- Social Media Marketing Management – the way in which you can advertise, write, manage and optimize social media marketing campaigns on the various social media platforms.
- Email Marketing – the way in which you can to design an efficient email, segment your audience base properly and optimize your email marketing for great performance.
- Mobile Marketing – the way in which you can make use of user behavior for your target market to create mobile marketing advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Digital Marketing Strategy – the way in which you can build a holistic campaign and bring g in all the elements of digital marketing so that you can make them work with your business objectives and strategy.
- Digital Copy Writing – the way in which you can write for your target audience on different mediums and channels using best practice techniques.
- Content Marketing – the way in which you can design compelling, unique and shareable content for different kinds of target audiences.
- Marketing Management – the way in which you can use fundamental marketing management and selling concepts and see how they tie in with digital marketing channels and technology-based thinking.